The course is taught by Jeeva, an expert teacher of the ETS standard tests like GRE, GMAT and SAT. She has over 20 years of experience in coaching thousands of students for top scores.
The course contains over 30 hours of video content on Analytical Writing Assessment (AWA) section of the GRE.
This course will provide you with a comprehensive understanding of analytical writing, enabling you to assess and implement some key features of this kind of writing. You’ll learn using a mix of classroom videos, on-screen examples, reading texts, and quizzes.
Throughout the course, example topics, taken from the pool of Issues and Arguments published by ETS, will be analyzed and instruction will be provided in the areas of content, organization, language and process of planning and drafting an essay.
The course exclusively features the immense knowledge and unparalleled expertise of the instructor. Her personal guidance through these videos best prepare you for the challenge of taking the Analytical Writing of the GRE and excel in your scores. The videos are not downloadable; however, enrolled students will be able to access every step of the course whenever it suits them.
What makes this course unique?
- This course is a step-by-step study guide with timeline
- Using the course content will help you develop all the necessary skills required to write essays
- Right from analyzing the topic to organizing, developing and construction the essays, the entire course is a step-by-step guide in enhancing your analytical writing abilities
- What is Analytical Writing section and its significance
Analyzing an Argument Task
- What is an Argument
- Strengthening or Weakening an Argument
- Evaluating Assumptions
- Fallacies explained
- Writing a Critique
- Framework of fully-analyzed and developed essays
- Writing tips
Analyzing an Issue Task
- How to analyze and organize issue topic
- Language elements in writing an essay
- Model responses
- Managing time
ETS pool of Issues and Arguments
- 12 Topics from the pool – analyzed and written
NOTE: Learner get the access of the course for 60 days from the day of enrollment.
Language of instruction: English